Each month we release the Creating Prosperity newsletter, in which we highlight some of the great things happening across the CREATE team, from the innovative interventions of NCGrowth and SmartUp, to the ground breaking research of the Create Prosperity Research Lab, to the stories of communities successfully improving their economies on Homegrown Tools. To sign up for our newsletter, please use the “subscribe” feature at the bottom of this page. If you’re interested in browsing previous newsletters, please choose from the newsletters below.
Creating Prosperity – March 2021
- Black Communities Conference 2021: Week 1 Overview
- Rice Magazine Profiles CREATE ED Mark Little in “The Changemaker”
- Kenan Insight: Robots, Remote Work and Regional Inequality
- Research Highlight: Applying Engineering Systems Thinking to Benefit Public Policy
- Past NCGrowth Business Client Bakers’ Southern Traditions Peanuts Featured in North Carolina Field & Family Magazine
- New COVID Response Case Studies Added to Homegrown Tools
- Smartup Program Manager Kellye Whitaker Announced as New Board Member for Palmetto Goodwill Excel Center
February 2021 Creating Prosperity Newsletter
- Covid ended a decade-long economic expansion in North Carolina. Now what?
- SmartUp Business Highlight: Saillant Language Consulting
- Webinar series Wrap-up: Keys to economic recovery from Covid-19
- CREATE Executive Director Mark Little Featured in PBS NC's Black Issues forum
- Research Highlight: More Industrial Policy
- Regional Inequality Conference Releases Conference Proceedings
January 2021 Creating Prosperity Newsletter
- Tackling the Housing Crisis Brewing in America's Native Communities
- NCGrowth-SmartUp Hosts Showcase Featuring Elizabeth City
- Research Highlight: Policy and Ecosystem Evolution
- Black Communities 2021 Conference Dates Announced!
- SmartUp Business Highlight: Freedom Heating and Air Conditioning
- NCGrowth Community Highlight: Mitchell County/li>
December 2020 Creating Prosperity Newsletter
Sending warm wishes for a bright Hanukkah, merry Christmas, joyful Kwanzaa, and especially a Happy New Year!! 2020 has been a year like no other. Like many, our team has responded to this moment by adjusting how we convene and deliver information, and by reprioritizing as needed to ensure we are as helpful a resource as we can be during this challenging time. More
November 2020 Creating Prosperity Newsletter
- Regional Inequality Conference draws attendees from 18 countries
- NCGrowth Develops Whiteville’s New and Improved Business Starter Packet
- CREATE ED Mark Little Featured in Podcast on "Viewpoints on Resilient & Equitable Responses to the Pandemic."
- Communities Strike Back: Local Solutions to Economic Impacts of COVID-19
- NCGrowth-SmartUp is hosting their annual Fall Virtual Showcase
- New Publication: Variation in organizational practices: are startups really different?
October 2020 Creating Prosperity Newsletter
- The Keys to Economic Recovery: OCT 28 Webinar on Community Innovations
- Online COnference: Regional Inequality in Europe and the US
- NC Black Entrepreneurship Council Ecosystem Grant Oppoirtunity
- NCGrowth’s Incubator Guide Launch: How to Determine if an Incubator is Right for Your Community
- Black Communities Conference: Summer Webinar Rcap
- Review of the SBIR and STTR Programs at the Department of Energy
- NCGrowth Releases Report on Affordable Housing Challenges in NC’s Tribal Communities